background


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" by Marianne Williamson

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Having fun with a smaller size!

My friend Angie makes the most wonderful things! She also makes wonderful small things and it just makes my head spin sometimes when I think of the tiny canvas she is working on. http://angiehallhaviland.typepad.com/angiesartfulllife/

I thought I'd size down my cards and make something a little smaller. Here is the result:




Here are the cards next to an original sized card. Not teeny-tiny, but smaller and I love them. :)


They are lined with paper and I found the perfect sized envelope template so I am making envelopes to go with these cute little cards. So much fun when you challenge yourself to do something just a little different...

7 comments:

Diann said...

I love your new smaller sized cards, Chrystal! Yes, our friend Angie does do amazing things with just a little space. I wanted you to know that your daffodil picture on your blog inspired the card on my blog today, so check it out if you have time. Diann

K is for Calligraphy said...

So cute! You see it was not so difficult after all! haha. Folding handmade paper is not as easy as it looks and you have made it look so simple and elegant! Happy Saturday!

The Paper Peddler said...

Very cute! I love 'em!!!

Racheal said...

there is def. an art to folding handmade paper!!!!!

it looks loverly!
yay for late night art-creativity party...even if you are the only one there:)

ShellyRaeWood said...

LOve them!! I especially like the black paper!! GOrgeous!! Great job!!

AngieHallHaviland said...

LOL Yes, I do love making tiny ART. THANKS so much for your kind words, Chrystal!! You are so SWEET! These cards are all WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love em!

Anonymous said...

Chrystal...These are adorable!!! And the colors of your beads below are wonderful to look at!!!!
Penny Duncan