background


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" by Marianne Williamson

Monday, October 5, 2009

Potpourri Paper


I am a pack rat. I get it from my grandmother. And when you combine that with being a papermaker, well, you don't want to throw anything away! I have shoe boxes full of things that I eventually want to use in my papermaking. This weekend I pulled down one of those boxes and found a small bag of spice scented potpourri. So, I soaked it and blended it and stirred it into some white paper. The results are just wonderful! The scent is still there but it is very subtle. The sheets are very textured and would be better used as a decorative paper rather than a stationery. But, wow! I just love how they turned out...

3 comments:

Diann said...

I was eager to see your potpourri paper and it turned out fantastic!Way to go with trying new things!
Diann

Anonymous said...

Oh Chrystal....those papers are SO SO SO pretty!!!!! They look AMAZING girl!!!

AngieHallHaviland said...

Looks WONDERFUL, Chrystal!!